Thursday, September 4

Go for the Gold ...

Do you recognize the man in this picture? It's Michael Phelps with my cousin, Libby, after winning Olympic gold.

He's been quoted as saying, "If I didn't swim my best, I'd think about it at school, at dinner, with my friends. It would drive me crazy."

Do you have that same kind of winning attitude? To give everything you've got at school, in music or sports, with your family, friends and your relationship with God?

Maybe one of this week's Good News for God's Kids verses will help you do well while keeping your eyes off yourself. Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men."

For a list of verses to help you do your best in memorizing the Bible, see page two of our monthly Coloring Calendar when you click the crayon at HisKids.net